Total Weight Loss

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back to running and checking off on goals

I have gotten back on track with my C25K and I am feeling great. I am still in shock at how much I am enjoying going out and running. It just feels so wonderful. I never did run back in P.E. during my school days. I had an excuse, asthma, at least that is what I told myself. I just hated exercise and did not think I could ever enjoy it.

On the C25K training schedule you do not run two consecutive days in a row. On my off days I have a hard time not getting out there for a run. Today I officially started W2. I know I have said this before but remember when I first started I could not run a full minute so I started at week 0 by running 30 seconds, and I did that for a while. Then I stopped running altogether when it got so hot here in Texas, and went to just working out on the elliptical in my room. But the date for the 5K in August keeps getting closer and I realized that I have to train regardless of the heat.

Today was the 3rd run in a row where I got up early and got my run in before it was so hot that I melted away. The weather was actually very nice this morning and there was even a refreshing breeze as I ran south. I could not wait for the moments when I got to run under the shade of some over hanging trees. That was like heaven and a much needed break from the blazing sun.

I did very well during the first half of the run. I had been so worried about increasing my runs to over a minute because I just could not see how I would be able to make it. But I did it and it was not so bad. This week I run for 90 seconds and walk for 2 mins. After the walk I am ready to run again, in fact could probably run sooner than the 2 mins. but I follow the schedule. Now the second part of the run got a little tough. My thighs started to burn and during the last 2 intervals I had to really push myself and not give up. The feeling of accomplishment is like nothing else. I love that feeling more than I do when I drop a size (and that is an amazing feeling on its own).

The last 2 days I have weighed and my weight has been up at some times 5 lbs. I know I should not weigh all the time but I do it anyway. I have found that I am one of those who likes to see how my weight fluctuates. I am not letting the added weight get to me too much. I have increased my water intake so much the last few days I thought maybe that was part of it. When I weighed earlier I was up just 2 lbs. I did eat out yesterday and had 2 adult beverages (vodka tonics with a splash of cranberry juice). My older sister was in town to celebrate her birthday. At the restaurant my mom and I split an order of steak quesadillas but I did have some fried jalapeno slices as an appetizer.

I also did not work out on Friday or Saturday. I did a run on Thursday and then like I mentioned earlier I ran today. I also did 20 mins. of strength training today. I have decided that I am going to focus more on just eating right and the exercise and that the weight will come off as it does. I know that was really the plan all along but it is so easy to get all focused on the numbers. I just had to remind myself to focus on the good feeling of working out and eating healthy. Everything else will come naturally from that.

As for my goals for the mini/booster challenge. I have been drinking and tracking my water intake. I have been hitting the 64oz. goal and even got 80 oz. in on Thursday. The bathroom has become my new best friend! I have not eaten any peanut butter and honestly have not even craved any so all is good in that department. So, far I have not worked out on the elliptical since I started the runs again. I am planning to use the elliptical on my off days from the running, so tomorrow I will be hitting the 5 resistance. And this blog counts as a positive post. So all is good in the goal department.

Keep having a rockin' good week!!


Rock it, live it, own it!
Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Lisa sounds like you have the c25k thing going well. I may check it out myself someday. Weighing every day makes me kooky. I can't do it. Once a week, no more. But to each, their own. Keep Rockin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I've been trying to sneak in running here and there and it is so hard. Hopefully we'll both be running for fun in the near future! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished my last run on week 2. Saturday will start week 3. :) We're gonna rock the 5Ks! I've just read somewhere that your muscles will hang onto extra fluid when you start running so drink extra to help flush them out and keep mixing up your workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa. Hope you update soon with another post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped by your blog today. Congrats on your loss. The only running I feel like doing in this Texas heat is at the swimming pool.
    Ann
    Less of Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. knock-knock-knock. Anyone home? I miss you. Can you come out to play?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just stopping by to see how you're going?

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just popping in to see how all is going for you; how has your August been?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, how has your September been so far?

    ReplyDelete