Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MLHAS Weigh in: Week 6

I really did mean to be on her more this past week but it seems like time just slipped by so fast. I did not have that great of a week. Last Friday my sister was in town and took us out to eat and then she took my younger sister and me to our favorite bar and we had some drinks (and a I had a few, quite a few, bites of spinach&artichoke dip and sweet potato fries). Then on Saturday my husband and I went out to Johnny Carino's where I had the angel hair pasta and artichokes, along with 2 glasses of raspberry italian sodas (no cream though). The rest of the week I ate right around 1500 calories a day and my workouts were not as intense.

Despite all that I did lose 2 lbs. going from 214 down to 212. I am very happy with that. Losing 2 lbs. a week is very healthy and has been my goal all along. If I can do everything I did last week and still lose 2 lbs. then I know that I can do this for the rest of my life. I had weighed the other day and was down 3 lbs. so I was hoping for a 3-4 lb. loss this week. But do not get me wrong, I am over the moon happy with this weeks scale.





I exercised for 285 minutes. That is way shy of my goal to exercise for 420 minutes. I am still going to work towards that but working out 60 mins. a day every single day is just a lot for me. I think I can realistically do 30 mins. a day and maybe even 45 mins. I need to put in more effort and focus on my endurance.

So this week I am going to work on just that. When I do work out I am going to push myself and really aim for a good hard workout each and every time. I am going to stay on plan this week but I am going to allow myself to eat more in the 1200 - 1500 calorie range. I was able to do that last week and still lose 2 lbs. so I think if I do that again but work out even harder then I will see a could loss next week. I am trying to mix things up to keep my body guessing and my metabolism moving along. My other goal is to keep on drinking more water. I only drink water or water mixed with crystal light but some days I still do not drink enough.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week as well.



Rock it, live it, own it! (This week I printed this out and taped it on my wall where I can see it while I am on the elliptical, so motivating!)
Lisa


6 comments:

  1. congrats on the weight loss! 60 minutes a day can be a lot to workout when your just starting, I started with 6 days a week @ 30 minutes, then worked up to 45 then 60. Now I generally do 60 minutes every other day and 30 min on the odd days. Just have to find what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the 2lb loss! Slow and steady is the way to do! I think 1200-1500 is a good range especially when you're exercising. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =D Your sign makes me smile. I think you are doing awesome. My losses were always very slow (and now at stand still) so I do like to stress it's better to lose it slow and healthy. But I know you are gonna keep this weight off and I love your enthusiasm, your excitement in the journey, and your motto.

    You totally own it, girl. Never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock it, live it, own it! - I love that, did I tell you that before? Another weight loss for you, so cool and so glad to hear you are Rocking it, living it, owning it! Thanks again for the award yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss!! It's awesome and like everyone else I totally love the sign!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the weight loss and having a good time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete